In Option Workshop you can place orders on all instruments in the strategy. To do this right-click on a strategy and select the Open/Close command.
- Current trading account. You can select an account from the drop-down list;
- Current strategy. You can select the strategy from the drop-down list;
- Orders. Columns of the table:
- Enable – select the orders to place by checking the checkbox;
- Instrument – instrument code;
- Operation – the order direction (buy or sell);
- Quantity – number of contracts in the order;
- Price – the order price. The price can be set manually or by using the buttons:
- Same dir. – take the price of the best codirectional order. This order would be first in the Order book;
- Mid – take the midmarket price (the arithmetic average of the best bid and ask prices);
- Counter dir. – take the price of сounter order;
- For buy orders the color of the Same dir. column is red, the Counter dir. column – green. For sell orders the opposite applies.
Table 1 – The color of the cells
|Red – the best bid price|
|Green – the best ask price|
|Gradient – the arithmetic average of the best bid and ask prices|
To place orders, click the Place orders button. The orders will be displayed in the Orders table. The general principle of working with orders is described here.