Historical Charts reflect the changes of the underlying asset's price over a selected time period. The charts are updated in real time.
The time period is shown by the x-axis, the price by the y-axis. The candlestick is based on the following parameters:
- Open – the opening price of the time interval
- High – the maximum price during the time interval
- Low – the minimum price during the time interval
- Close – the closing price of the time interval
You can create the chart via the context menu of the financial instrument in three places:
Clicking on the Historical Chart command in the pop-up menu opens the historical chart. You can change the time range using the top toolbar.
Chart for a certain time period
You can select the depth of the historical data in the drop-down list.
You can select the candle size by clicking on the button:
- 1m, 10m, 15m, 30m ("m" – minute),
- 1H, 4H ("H" – hour),
- 1D ("D" – day),
- 1W ("W" – week),
- 1M ("M" – month).
Placing the cursor over the chart will generate a tooltip containing the value of the data point on the X-axis and Y-axis. To display the guiding line and the tooltip click the Cursor button on the top panel.
Scaling and moving
You can scale and move the chart in several ways:
- Mouse wheel – scroll the chart horizontally.
- Shift+mouse wheel – scroll the chart vertically.
- Ctrl+mouse wheel (, buttons) – scaling.
- To scale into a certain area, hold the right mouse button and select the area.
- To return to default size double-click the left mouse button on the chart.
- To move the chart, click the left mouse button and hold it pressed while moving the cursor.